Friday, January 14, 2011

First Purchase

Well I just received my first Easton Press book in the mail, well technically 8 Easton Press books. These were purchased on EBay and are a set of 8 J.R.R. Tolkien Books:

The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
The Silmarillion
The Book of Lost Tales vol. 1
The Book of Lost Tales vol. 2
The Book of Unfinished Tales

I have previously read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy and really enjoyed those books and I think that they look great in their Easton Press bindings. All of the Tolkien books come in deep green leather and gold lettering. The theme of the covers is the dwarven runes that Tolkien uses particularly in the Hobbit. Perhaps in a later post I will try to decipher what the runes say but at the moment I do not recall how they work and so simply see them as a motif more than anything.

I was very pleased with my EBay purchase though. The books are all in pristine condition and have arrived exactly as described. In fact The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogies have each been signed by the illustrator, Michael Hague with an additional sketch related to the content of the books. I'm very happy with this purchase and looking forward to delving into them in more detail in Subsequent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment