Friday, January 14, 2011

First Steps

Today marks the beginning of a new adventure for me, if you can call starting a new collection an adventure. I recently came across Easton Press, a publisher of fine leather bound books and have decided to begin a collection and write about the process and the books I read. So this blog will likely be a combination of documenting how far the collection has come and reviewing the quality of the books as well as the writing and illustrations of those books.

This also happens to be my first foray into blogging and I am not a very technical person so we will see how this ends up. I am excited to get started though. Unfortunately I do not own a camera and am a horrible photographer so will have to describe these books without pictures. These truly are beautiful books though and need to be seen and felt to truly be appreciated.

I suppose another part of collecting Easton Press books will be the EBay auction hunt. Easton Press typically has limited press runs and as a result many of their best books are unavailable directly from the press and need to be purchased second hand. As a result, as I further my collection I will need to rely on EBay. I am not particularly fond of EBay and have been burned in the past, but I am willing to give it another shot and see where this takes me. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment